Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Robocop - Review

The "Robocop" delivers to semi-succeed in this recent installment.  I really did like the configuration and story for this movie, it was unique and flawed very thoroughly.  The story revolving around an officer in duty who gets severely injured getting the chance to live through a different aspect of life is very cool and interesting.  The visual effects and works for the movie were also greatly done on the screen.  However, there are some scenes that I found very disturbing and I didn't enjoy seeing them.  Considering this is a somewhat family orientated film, I really think it was not good to be placed in the film.  I don't want to spoil what it what was that was disturbing to see, but it makes you want to look away from the screen.  I get the movie's idea of trying to portray this, but it was not a good fit, though it works with the film.  I also didn't like how the film spanned for almost two hours and it felt like you were watching a three hour, Transformers film.  Lots of the movie could have been cut or shortened because it gets choppy and lengthy.  I thought this was a Michael Bay film for a few moments in the film, it felt as if it were influenced by him, which I didn't like.  Overall, it's not a bad or great film, but it's one to see if the time is allocated.

Rating - 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment