Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Her - Review

One of the most non-comparable films that I have ever seen that has surpassed my expectations.  The highly original film revolving around a middle-aged male named Theodore (Joaquin Phoenix) who dates a internet server named Samantha (Scarlett Johansson) is very interesting to watch.  The acting on Phoenix's part is outstanding, as it blows you away highly.  The voice of Scarlett Johansson was great as well as you thought she was actually in the picture at times.  The film's length went a little longer then I think it needed to, but that was fine.  However, when you start thinking about Samantha's character, you ask many questions about her to yourself that distracts you from the movie, which I didn't like.  I also didn't understand some of the reason's for Theodore's motives in the film that I think should have been improved on the production side of it.  Overall, the movie is a great-watch and is very original to watch.  I think the movie is really good and could be considered one of the best of 2013.  I look forward to seeing what damage this film does in the Oscar runnings.  This is a must-see, as you will walk alway pleased mainly by the unique story and outstanding acting on all cylinders.  I highly recommend this film.

Rating - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment